Extreme heat and Feb rally – here is the plan!

Dear Members,

As mentioned in earlier correspondence, the committee has been considering options that will enable our horses and riders to participate safely in our Feb rally, given the extremely hot weather.  We have decided to adopt a reduced rally schedule which will start at 9.00 am and be finished by 11.30am.

The most recent forecast is 41 degrees, so we ask everyone to be very careful and ensure that both riders and horses remain hydrated.  There will only be 2 sessions and there is a 30 minute break between the 2 sessions with drinks and icy poles available at the canteen. We appreciate that the conditions are far from ideal for horse riding and understand if members elect not to attend.  If you are not attending the rally, please email me at: sineads5@bigpond.net.au

Those rostered on to canteen and setup/pack up will be contacted by their team leaders to discuss revised canteen arrangements and set up times.